Holiday Dash 5K, presented by Martin’s Point Health Care
Sunday, December 10th, 2022
Start time: 11:00 a.m.
Here’s everything you’ll need to know to participate in this fun and festive 5K! There’s a lot of information below, so please read everything thoroughly and review before the race. Do you have a question that’s not answered here? Reach out to Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All race participants entering Rí Rá before or after the race will be carded at the door. If you purchased a brunch add-on OR if you’re interested in purchasing a drink at Rí Rá before or after the race, bring your ID!
- This is an all-weather race, so be sure to dress for the conditions on race day!
- Walkers are welcome! There’s no time limit, so feel free to walk or run at your own pace.
- We’re still looking for volunteers! Our volunteers help this event run smoothly. If you have a friend who’d be interested, or if you’re bringing a spectator who’d like to lend a hand while you run, share our Holiday Dash volunteer opportunities with them.
Packet pick up:
Participants have two opportunities to pick up their bibs, complimentary winter hats, and brunch tickets. You are welcome to pick up packets for other participants if you have their permission. Bib transfers will not be allowed during packet pick up on Saturday or Sunday. However, in-person registration will be available during packet pick up both days!
Day before race:
Note: We ask that local participants pick up their packets the day before the race in order to allow out-of-town participants to pick up theirs on race day.
- When: Saturday, 12/9 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
- Where: Finish Strong PT (at Fleet Feet Maine Running), 309 Marginal Way, Portland
Day of race:
Note: Packet pick up will close 15 minutes before the race starts to ensure that all participants will be able to make it to the start line in time.
- When: Sunday, 12/10 from 9:30am to 10:45am
- Where: Rí Rá, 72 Commercial Street, Portland
Race day information:
- When: Sunday, 12/10 at 11:00am
- Where: Here is the course map with exact location information. The race starts and finishes on the Eastern Prom Trail near the end of Thames St. The out-and-back course heads down the trail along the water and turns around at the intersection of the Eastern Prom Trail, Back Cove Trail, Bayside Trail, and the Loring Memorial Steps. Please note: Because of the narrow turnaround, no dogs or strollers are allowed on the race course.
- Parking: We encourage you to walk, run, bike, or take the bus if you can! If you drive, you can park on the street for free (free parking on Sundays) or you can pay to park in a nearby lot or garage. Unfortunately, there is no parking for participants in the Amethyst Lot next to the race start.
- Restrooms: There will be two portable restrooms available near the race start. Participants may also use the restroom at Rí Rá.
- Water: There will be two water stations: one at the turnaround point, and one at the finish line. We encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottle to use at the finish line!
- Timing and results: Timing will be done by Split Time Race Management. We won’t be displaying the race results at the finish line, but you can be notified of your results via text or email! If you’re not sure you signed up for that feature, you can check your RunSignUp profile and edit that section.
- All participants: After you cross the finish line, you’re invited to enjoy some delicious hot cocoa made by Navis Cafe to help you warm up!
- Brunch: Those who purchased a brunch add-on can walk up the street to Rí Rá after the race. Please bring your ID, brunch ticket, and beverage ticket! Your ID will be checked at the door. Once you’re inside, you can get in line for brunch upstairs. Your can use your beverage ticket at either the upstairs or downstairs bar.